|Environment > | Community > | People >|
• Twice per year, our Associate's collect clothes in specially placed bins for the purpose of donating clothing items to the homeless shelters of the Municipality of Athens, as well as, the "SOS Children's Villages". In 2011 we’ve added the books (literature for adults and children but not school/academic books) in order to support local lending libraries of organizations, as well as, toys (in good condition) to support Christmas period. Our target is to contribute to the improvement of the every day life of our fellow citizens.
• We regularly make donations of Hotel equipment that is in storage and no longer required to local orphanages of Athens.
• We inform all our Hotel Guests of the specially designed program of Starwood to support the actions of UNICEF, our "Life is Unique".
• We support UNICEF through the international channels of our Starwood programs, ("UNICEF-Road to Awareness", "Schools for Africa"- "Join us in sending as many children to school" ),but also place emphasis on local support by obtaining our Annual Associate's Children's party presents from this foundation to support their important actions.
• After achieving outstanding results during Sales Blitz Program 2010, a Global Initiative of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, our Hotel was awarded US$1000.00 as one of the top participating properties and we decided to donate the US$1000.00 to Unicef and its fund raising program.
• Every year we invite orphans from the"SOS Children's Villages" to participate in our Annual Associate Children's during the Christmas period.
• We collaborate with the Hellenic Cancer Association.
• Furthermore, we take part in the program "Starwood Associate Relief Fund", under which, all our Associates of all Starwood Hotels can donate to this special fund supporting our colleagues around the world touched by natural disasters.
• Race for the Cure®: is recognized as the most successful campaign worldwide targeting the mobilization and awareness of the general public concerning breast cancer. In 2011, for the second time in Greece, our Race for the Cure® was organized by the Pan-Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer. For the second time our Hotel took part with volunteers participating in the 4 km race or in the 2 km walk, on Sunday 02 of October 2011, at 11.00a.m. at Zappeion.The Hotel covered the registration cost of each participant and bought the pink symbolic bracelets against breast cancer and gave them to the participants as gifts. The funds from the Race will be donated to the programs for Genetic Testing and Group Therapy of Cancer Survivors.
• GB Marathon Runner: As you already know, our Hotel as a healthy, proactive and socially responsible organization, places great emphasis on acts that add value to our Corporate Social Responsibility. One of them is the participation of the Hotel Grande Bretagne in the 29th Athens Classic Marathon Race on November the 13th 2011. Through this event the hotel made a donation to a non-profit foundation that has been chosen by our fans on our Social Networks, which is the “Medecins Sans Frontieres” as per below:
Τhe amount that has been raised and given to “Medecins Sans Frontieres” is 2.700 Euro.
With this action, we would like to contribute to the important targets of “Medecins sans Frontieres”. The donation event took place on Monday, November 21st 2011 in our Hotel in Royal Room at 14:00. Congratulations to all Participants for their willingness, training, effort and remarkable results!
• Christmas Children Party: In regards to our Corporate Social Responsibility Actions and Internal Communication Initiatives, Hotel Grande Bretagne we conducted our Christmas Children Party on December 23rd 2011 for the children of our Associates. The reason why this event was so special and unique was the cooperation of Hotel Grande Bretagne with WWF Hellas, a Charity Foundation for the protection of the environment. This year all presents were bought from WWF Hellas in order to support the actions of WWF for the protection of our planet and our consciousness for such an important issue. Furthermore, as every year, a group of children from the Children Villages SOS were also in attendance. Another Corporate Social Responsibility Actions of our Hotel was the donation of clothes, shoes, toys and books to “Institution for the Homeless of Athens”, and to “Children Village SOS” for the second time in 2011 proving the ongoing support of our Associates to our fellow citizens especially during the Christmas period. Our motto for the Event was: “I am dreaming of & drawing about a better & “greener” planet!!”. All children will be asked to draw a colorful picture with this special theme, which will be placed on a special board inside the room by our Christmas tree. In this way, Children wanted to send a message for a better world and healthier environment as well as motivate the adults to be more conscientious. Our Internal Christmas Children Party was a great chance to give a tone of optimism and offer to all children a remarkable experience.
• Ecomobility: is an environmental campaign that aims to reinforce the green transportation in our city and the improvement of our life quality via the assignments of the third class of High School Students in Greece. The Ecomobility program is organized by the organization ECOCITY which is a Voluntary Organization supporting city environments. During the last nine years is being supported by various investments for the protection of urban environment. The Ecomobility functions under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs, the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks, the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change, the Ministry of Competiveness and naval administration, the Ministry of Citizen Protection and the Ministry of Interior and Seat for EU Environmental issues. Moreover, there are various scientific Organizations from all over Greece who are cooperating with Ecocity.
It aims to increase the motivation of adolescents and generate their voluntary action in improving our local, urban environment. Our Hotel as a local Supporter and by offering rooms and hotel services cultivates the environmental education of adolescents, through the message of “Students are investigating, towns are informed, the society is being sensitized” with our orientation being to improve transportation conditions and aid the development of green transportation methods.
• Τrays of food for people in need: The Hotel Grande Bretagne management is very sensitive when it comes to people who are in need and are suffering in these difficult times. Therefore we decided to contribute with 150 trays of food to the Municipality of Keratsini, a project organized by SKAI TV channel. Chef Sotiris Evangelou and his team prepared 150 trays of ‘soutzoukakia’ & rice, cabbage and ‘ravani’ cake as a dessert for the people who need it the most.
• The big voluntary campaign of EXA-A “Nevertheless…we…CAN”, in cooperation with volunteers of “MPOROUME”, organizes giving help from all Athenian Hotels (that wish to participate in this action) to all our co-citizens who face difficulties due to the financial crisis.
In regards to our Corporate Social Responsibility Actions, our Hotel participates in the above mentioned campaign and effective Ash Monday February 27th 2012 and every Monday will offer 30 portions of food in “Galini Foundation”.
In those difficult times, it is very important to show our humanity and sensitivity to people in need.
|Δείτε την ιστοσελίδα στα Ελληνικά >