|Environment > | Community > | People >|
Energy & Water Conservation:
- High-efficiency lighting in guest rooms
- High-efficiency lighting in public areas
- Occupancy sensors
- Water conserving fixtures
- Smart irrigation practices
- Regular preventive maintenance
Waste Minimization & Environmentally Responsible Purchasing:
- Dumpster monitoring
- Environmentally preferred suppliers
- Environmentally preferred products
- Amenity management
- Sustainable food and beverage options
- Recycling option given to guests through the use of a number of recycling bins in the guest rooms
- Selected floors of the hotel use exclusively friendly amenities (BeeKind), which come in fully recyclable container materials
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality:
- Green Housekeeping
- Integrated pest management practices
- Low-emitting materials, such as paints, flooring and furniture
- Green Room Program per Six Sigma project is in place concerning all linen changing guest options (bedroom and bathroom linen)
- Property-level Green Council
- Sustainable Meetings Practices
• Received the 2014 Gold Standard Award in our annual Clifton EAME Environmental Health & Safety Audit. View award 2014 >
• We have been actively Recycling as of 2006, glass, paper, plastics, lamps, kitchen oil, toners, batteries and electronic equipment.
• We renovated the 3rd floor of our Hotel as "Green Floor" making these rooms more earth friendly. Organic amenities are on offer in the room, as well as, recycling options are open to all our Guests.
• As participants of the "Green Room" initiative of Starwood, all Guests are given the option to take part in this program. Being so proactive in regards to the environment, has given us the honor of being award the distinguished "Green Key" award for Hellenic Hotels in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
• Our established Environmental Health and Safety Council of the Hotel makes sure that we comply with all local law, EU law, and Starwood initiatives for the environment.
• Our Annual Environment week for our Associates takes place prior to the Annual ‘Earth Hour' with participation of WWF Hellas in the presentations made to our Associates.
• We use only Ecolab biodegradable chemicals for cleaning purposes throughout the Hotel. These chemicals are 95% biodegradable.
• We have installed low wattage, energy saving lighting throughout the Hotel.
• We use natural gas for cooking purposes in our kitchens, and also use renewable energy sources wherever possible in the building.
• We participated in the Tree Planting- Reforestation initiative organized by the media conglomerate of SKAI for Sunday, 13/03/2011 in the area of Pendeli. Our Hotel offered sandwiches and soup with beans to all the participants & the team of our Hotel planted 150 trees. Our motto for the event was: "Let's all participate by planting a tree, in order to help the environment and our city".
|Δείτε την ιστοσελίδα στα Ελληνικά >